Wednesday, February 22, 2006

BoBooo

Hello everyone this is my first time, so bear with me. I have started my painting of Ms Booth and I thought you might be interested in the way I work. So, to quote Frank, this is my way. Having badly sketched Sarah, I then photographed her. I then play about a bit on the PC, mix up some images and get an idea of how I want it to look. (Fig 1). Then I sketch again (fig 2) before transferring to canvas. I will underpaint in acrylic before setting out with the delicious oils. Utterly madness, time consuming but I kind of get it all wrong unless I do this. Also attached is the still unfinished Martha etc . Oh golly, everything is in the wrong place!!! Sharon you'll have to give me a lesson. See you all in a mo. Karen xx

Comments:
I am looking forward to seeing the finished painting.Its very exciting having someone paint me and very interesing learning how you work.
 
The use of the fabric as a back drop is lovely. Sarah, can't you wear you toe ring on the other foot? Or is it a Kharma thing? I think a toe ring would make it all the more you somehow. Karen, it is interesting to see how you order your work. Can't wait to see the painting.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?